Wednesday, July 22, 2009

An Observation on Angry Drivers

Why is it people feel the need to flip you off even though they are clearly the ones in the wrong?

Yesterday I went and got myself Wendy's of dinner. Even though I have been eating out for the past 4 days. But no one else was home and of course I was too lazy to go make myself something. Anyway, let's move on to the drive back to my house.

I'm pulling out of the parking lot and need to go straight through the light ahead of me. The lady across from me, on the other side of the street, is turning left. She decides she needs to turn before I can go, even though I have the right away since she's turning left. She glares over at me as she turns and then proceeds to give me the finger.

Honestly, I'm not mad about it at all. I think it's the funniest thing. I was laughing to myself about it the whole way home, and even later that night. I'm mean obviously I didn't do anything. I'll be the first to admit if I actually did something wrong. But all I did was go straight at a green light. What I find amusing about the situation is that this lady had to of known that she was the one who was wrong, but she had to make herself feel better about it by blaming me, by giving me the finger.

Now I realize that you only look like an idiot if you get angry over something that you are at fault for.

Til Next Time (TNT)
Words by Ali

4 comments:

  1. I completely know what you are saying...I would say people that do so are just insecure about what they are doing and need to make themself look like an even bigger idiot.

    I just ignore it when it happens to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. If they want to make them selves look like an idiot, more power to them. Thanx for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time, I had some moron run up and start beating on the windo, lilke he thought I was fallin asleep.. People these days...

    http://md16185.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always the case: we always tend to point the finger at someone else for all the mistakes we do.It's time we learn to accept our faults and stop blaming the others!!Reading this piece of writing I realize that you have a great sense of humour too!

    ReplyDelete