Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Idol Worship

Have you noticed that people follow blogs, facebook, or things like twitter just because a person is famous. Of course half the things they say and do on these sites are complete nonsense, or are just plain boring. I will admit that I do this, but I at least follow people that when they do post something it's interesting.

The things that some of these celebrities post no one would even give them a second thought if they were just normal people like you and me. Then these people won't follow people who really do have interesting and relevant things to say just because they are nobodies.

I'm not just saying this because it's mostly just my friends and family following me either. I'm speaking generally. Whether you think my writing, blog, is interesting or not is entirely up to you, and I'm not going to sit here and complain that I don't have enough followers. Why? Because I don't have a blog just to get people to read it. Yes that is a huge part of putting it on the internet, but I do it more because I love to write. What's the point of writing if you don't put it where people can see it.

I think you just got me off the subject. Which is following what someone does just because they are famous. Liking, or finding what they have to say hilarious is one thing. But you should not worship them so much they you will follow them say on twitter when the most interesting thing they have to say is "I just woke up", "I'm going for a bike ride", or "I'm tired time for bed." That's boring no matter who you are, so don't follow the masses and be yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment