Sunday, July 18, 2010

Goodbye Hair

As most of you know I've had long hair for about 4 years now. I've been growing it for around 5, and I'd always been planning on donating it when it got longer. It hadn't been getting any longer for about a year now so I decided it was time. Here's what it looked like:

Photobucket

As you can see it was completely down my back. The amount of hair that got donated to Locks of Love was 21 inches. That's only what got donated. Which means that my head has now a good 2 feet less of hair. Not only is it short but I had it dyed a red. It's super cute, and I love it. And then this happened:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, what do you think? Short isn't it? I'm not one of those people who get overly attached to their hair so cutting it off was the easiest thing. I just set up the appointment and had it done. A lot of people were surprised that I actually did it. The thing is that short hair is what's normal for me.

Growing up all I ever had was short hair. My mother didn't want to have to deal with long. So, me having long hair was the change, that was what was different for me. It's just not as noticable and such a rash change. You don't see a person one day with short hair and then the next with long, unless it's fake. But when I person chops off 2 feet of hair that you notice, and if you don't there's something wrong with you.

That's all for now. Hope you like what I've done with my hair. Talk to you all next week.

TNT,
Words by Ali

1 comment:

  1. 21 inches! I can't believe it. It looks fabulous, and must feel so much lighter!

    ReplyDelete