Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thoughts About Boredom

Everyday when I go to school I take the Trax. It's like a trolley system that takes you from where I'm at all the way up to the U of U. It takes between 50 to 60 minutes for me to get down there. Of course I always bring something along with me to occupy myself during this time. It could be my I-pod, a book, or even a book on tape (or CD).

On Friday I was about half way through with the book I was reading. Changes by Jim Butcher, it was the latest in The Dresden Files series and I absolutely loved it. It's a long enough book that half of it should have lasted the ride there and the ride back. Except on that day.

Apparently I liked the book so much that every time I had a free second in class I was reading it. I finished the book before class was even over. Which meant I had absolutely nothing to do or keep me busy on my ride home that day. Listening to or reading something gives me something to do so I don't have to pay attention to the crazies that ride it every day.

And yes there are more then just a few crazy people, and I need something to do so they don't talk to me and freak me out in the process. Some of these people really do scare me, or just freak me out. But if you're doing something then they usually just leave you alone.

The lesson I learned from this experience is to always make sure I have a way to kill the boredom. Cause if you don't you may go crazy.

До свидания (goodbye)
TNT
Words by Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment