Sunday, May 30, 2010

Russian or Русский

As I mentioned last week I'm taking a Russian language class. I have to take 4 semesters of a language to get my B.A. in English. I decided on Russian. Now I'm taking 2 semesters over the summer in a space of 6 weeks. In case you didn't pick up on that it's 3 weeks for each semester.

I finished my second week on Friday and now 4 more days and my first semester will be over. How crazy is that? What's even crazier is the fact that I've learned more of the language in the past 2 weeks then I have in any of the previous classes I've taken.

It's also a lot more fun then any of the other classes I've taken too. There's just something about a class that's more exciting when you get to play games instead of just listening to the teacher lecture for hours straight.

Here is a little something about myself in another language:

Здравствуйте. Мена зовут Али. Мне 23 года. Я американка. Я студентка. Я учу английский язык. Я учусь в университете в Юте. Я живу в штате Юта в городе Солт Лейк Сити в доме. Раньше я жила в Аризоне. У мена есть 2 брата и 2 сестры. Я люблю красный
цвет. Я люблю читать и писать. Я люблю читать книги о вампирах и об оборотнях. Я говорю немного по-русски. Спасибо.

Now I bet you don't have clue as to what I just wrote. I'm sure your eyes scanned over the odd letters and your thinking "what in the hell does that say?" A translation in English comes out to this:

Hello. My name is Ali. I'm 23 years old. I'm an American. I'm a student. I study English. I study at the university in Utah. I live in the state of Utah, in the city of Salt Lake City, in a house. Earlier I lived in Arizona. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I like the color red. I love to read and to write. I like to read books about vampires and about werewolves. I speak a little Russian. Thank you.

I know it's hard to believe that it all comes out to that, but it does. My Russian saga will continue because I still have 4 more weeks this summer and then 2 more semesters after that. Maybe I'll even tell you a little more when I learn it.

До свидания (good bye)
TNT
Words by Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment