Sunday, May 23, 2010

Exhaustion

I've come to realize that being tired and being exhausted are actually two different things. I'm tired a lot. No, I always seem to be tired, but that has a lot to do with the fact that I seem to be a bit of an insomniac.

When I get tired I think to myself, "Boy am I exhausted." I realize now that I have only been fooling myself. It wasn't real exhaustion, I only thought it was. How do I know this you might ask? Well, it's because I've finally seen a difference.

The reason for this is my summer classes. It's an intensive Russian course. What that means is that the class runs Monday thru Friday for 5 hours a day, in class time. That's 25 hours in class a week. Roughly that's a weeks worth of material every day. Not only do I spend half my day in school, including the 2 hours it takes to get to and from the campus on the Trax, but I have a weeks worth of homework to do every single night.

I started my first week last Monday, and by the time Friday rolled around I had never been so wiped out in my life. I'd never felt this exhausted before. At 9:00 pm when my head hit the pillow I was a goner. Normally I can't get to sleep in less then an hour, and wake up constantly throughout the night. This time I was asleep in minutes and only woke up once. I then slept until 10 am. Since I usually can't sleep past 7-7:30 it was sleeping late.

This past week has shown me what real exhaustion is and I'm not looking forward to how it'll be when next Friday comes. At least I'm having fun taking my Russian class. I guess that makes up for it, a little.

до свидания (goodbye)

TNT,
Words by Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment