Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving

The Thanksgiving holiday is once again rapidly approaching. Thanksgiving is usually spent with my family: my parents, brother, and grandmother. But this year everything is different, and I don't know how I feel about it.

My Mom and step-dad moved back down to Arizona this Spring, and my brother and I our still here. So, this year I won't be having Thanksgiving with my family. The thing is that my Mom is still celebrating at her house. Of course this year it's going to be a huge gathering that we haven't had this big since we left Arizona in the first place. Everyone is going to be there, and I'm not really exaggerating either. Between 12-18 people are going to be cramming themselves into my Mom's house to spend the Thanksgiving holiday.

Well everyone but me that is. It's not that I don't have any where to go on Thanksgiving, because I do. This year I will be spending Thanksgiving with my friends. But I'm still not sure how it really makes me feel when I think about the fact that basically my entire family will be spending Thanksgiving together and I will be stuck here in Utah. Excluded from the rest of the family. It's kind of depressing if you think about it.

What a way to start the holiday's. I'm sure when it gets to be Thanksgiving I'll have an amazing time with my friends. But I guess right here, and right now, thinking about it it makes me slightly sad.

TNT,
Words by Ali


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment