Sunday, May 1, 2011

To Trust God

I almost didn't go to church last night. The reason being that I have two final papers due Wednesday for my classes and I thought I was going to be way too busy working on them. Well, I ended up getting more than halfway done with the longer of the two papers and I decided I needed to go.
I'm glad I went, for one reason because there are a lot of amazing people who go there and I love hanging out with them. The other reason was because I think that is where God wanted me last night. Steele gave an amazing talk, in our Proverbs series, about Trusting God. People would think, "I'm a Christian, I believe in God. So, that means I trust God." But that doesn't necessarily mean that's true.
Trusting God is more than just you believing He is real. It's about going to God with everything in your life, good or bad. It's about prayer, praise, worship, and so much more.
  • God is love.
  • God is good and kind.
  • God is merciful.
  • God is gracious.
  • God is in control.
  • God is wise.
  • God is powerful.
  • God is everything we have ever seen that is perfect, beautiful and holy.

Knowing this about God should make everyone realize that God deserves our Trust. In everything in our lives: Past, Present, and most certainly our Future. I know God has been trying to teach me that I need to read His word more regularly, and to pray more. And that is exactly what I'm going to do. I plan to start slow and work my way up to more. Every day I'll read:

  • 1 Proverb
  • 1 Psalm
  • 1 chapter out of the New Testament

Yes, it will take me 260 days to get through the New Testament, but it's a place to start. And for God I know it is worth it.

Praise God for He is Good!!!

TNT,

Words by Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment