Monday, May 16, 2011

A Road Trip

My Mom and I just got back from a week long road trip to Arizona, and I have to admit it was some of the most fun I've had.  Certainly the most fun I've ever had with my mother, and for an extended period of time no less.

The trip down to Arizona was between 10 and 11 hours, and we did the trip in one day.  We had a great time.  Listened to music, since I brought nearly every C.D. I own, talked about just about everything, and laughed at jokes that might not have been funny in any other setting.  The most miraculous thing about it all was that we didn't argue, or fight, once on the entire 11 hour car ride.  Usually we only need to be in the car no more than ten minutes before it starts, but not that day.  I'd been praying about it before we left, and God sure came through.

The four days we spent there had a few bumps, but the majority of the time was great.  We stayed at my Grandma's house, and we spent most of our time with my sister, Katie, and nephew, Levi.  The whole reason we went was because my Mom wanted to see Levi.  That is one smart, and crazy, kid.  I'm not just saying this because he's my nephew.  He is one of the most well reasoned two year olds you will ever meet.  He's also a laugh riot, and doesn't stop for a second.

On the drive back my Mom decided to break up the drive into two days, and we spent Friday night in Las Vegas. We had just as great of a time there too.  We did some gambling, but not a lot, and didn't win a thing.  I guess that's just Vegas for you.

We finally made it home safely Saturday night.  What I learned on this trip is that my Mother and I can have an amazing time out by ourselves if we just let ourselves have fun.

TNT,
Words by Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment