Thursday, December 16, 2010

To Be 24

This past Tuesday was my 24 Birthday. I can honestly say it was no different than when I was 23. It was almost like any other day, but then again it wasn't.

My day started when I woke up around 8 in the morning, which is normal. Then when I turned on my computer I already had over a dozen birthday wishes from friends and family on facebook. It made me feel loved.

I had a dentist appointment at 11:30 that morning. Everyone there, and I've known them the 10 years I've lived in Utah, wished me a happy birthday. When I was done I even got a $5 gift card for Cafe Rio, because of my special day. I'm not a huge fan of Cafe Rio but it was free lunch, and it was better than the first time.

I went to the bookstore, of course. I got myself a book of short stories by Russian authors, and the stories were both in English and in Russian. It's pretty nifty. Then I went to FYE and bought a couple of scary movies.

So far it's sounds mostly like a normal day. Except for the fact that I had more money than usual in my pocket. Let's not forget what I spent my time doing when I was at home. Being that it was my finals week in school I had a paper due on Wednesday. So, I spent most of the day finishing and then editing and fixing my 6 page essay. I think it went well.

That night I got to choose where we went for dinner, as is tradition in our family. I picked PF Changs.

All in all it was a good day. A lot of it was normal stuff, but it was special. Despite how it sounds. It was all the love I got from friends and family that really made the day special. All the posts on facebook, and the emails. As well as a phone call from my grandmother and my cousin. I really do have some great people in my life. I love you guys, and you know who you are.

TNT,
Words by Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment