Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Price You Pay

It's weird how you don't really notice the price of things until your specifically trying to spend less money. If it's because you only have a little, or if you're trying to save. For me it's because I happen to really have no money to spend. So, when I have it I have to spend it wisely.

Now when you have three hours in between your classes you find yourself having to buy yourself lunch. Mainly because there's no way I'm eating PB&J for two meals in a row. That's just not happening. So, I buy myself lunch.

I try to find the cheapest ways to eat, and on campus usually isn't the best option. Even if the food is actually decent. It just so happens that fast food dollar menus are the way to go. You can spend $3.50 on a dollar menu instead of the $6 or $7 on campus.

What I've also come to realize is that even the cheap fast food restaurants are way more expensive than anyone actually may realize. I got 3 items from the Taco Bell dollar menu for a grand total of around $3.30. The crazy part is that I would have paid the same price for just the Mexican pizza I normally would have gotten and that was only one thing.

All that money going to waste on food. It's a little crazy, and yet I'll be the first to admit that every now and again I'll still be spending that money on food that I don't need, just because I want it. I just no have a better understanding that it's so simple to turn that $7 into only $3, all you have to do is try.

TNT,
Words by Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment