Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Trip From God or For God?

Next week I am going to Seattle, Washington with a large group of my friends from my church. Now we're not just going to go, we have a specific reason. We are going to help serve a small church about an hour outside of Seattle.

We're going to help some of the people in the congregation fix up their homes. Whatever that may mean. Cleaning, painting, yard work, or whatever else God has planned for us to do to help them while we are there.

We also plan to go door to door. Not to preach and beat them about our religion, because that's not what a loving Christian would do. We will be inviting them to a BBQ, that the church is hosting. We also will be asking if they have anything we could pray for them about. This isn't to shove our religion at them, but to show loving, and caring, kindness.

Now this particular part is going to be a bit hard and uncomfortable for me. As I've mentioned in an earlier post I'm very shy. I get nervous and a little sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Although, I know this is what God wants for me, so I can grow as a person. To break out of my shell, leave my comfort zone, and be who I'm meant to be. As long as I have God's strength and love, as well as my friends support, I know I can do this.

I'm so excited, I can't wait for this trip. Even though were leaving at like 5 in the morning for like an 18 hour drive. It's going to be amazing. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.

TNT,
Words by Ali

3 comments:

  1. Seattle is absolutely beautiful this time of year. It's okay to feel nervous and shy, the trick is to put on your game face. What wonderful work you're going to do. Long after you've forgotten how nervous you were, those people will still remember how strong and helpful you were.
    http://jennifer-singleton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for the comment. Really it's just what I need to hear. It's going to be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to go.
    Thanx again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your trip Ali! I know your feeling, because I get extremely worried a lot of the time when I go out that I'll mess up, but don't sweat. You have a roof over your head, and family and friends. :)

    ReplyDelete