Sunday, December 3, 2017

A Book Better as a Graphic Novel

I know what you're thinking, because I'm think the same thing. Is that even possible? Can a graphic novel be better then a book? A week ago I would have said an absolute no. It's not possible and can never be possible. But know I stand corrected.

The first Twilight book, of the same name, by Stephanie Meyer was turned into a graphic novel. Since I couldn't stand the novels themselves. I have read them so I can say that they are not as good as the world says they are, and the writing is slow, simple, and has a lot of terrible grammatical problems. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and the above is mine.

Anyway, I never planned on reading the Twilight graphic novel. I was at the library looking for something else, when I saw both of the volumes of the story. I decided to check them out. I started reading and it was much faster to get into the story. The plot wasn't bogged down by excessive prose, and consisted of 95% dialogue. The dialogue moved the story along quickly, and before I knew it I was done with the first volume of Twilight story.

What originally took me six months to read only took me two days in graphic novel form. It held my interested, and oddly I wanted to keep reading. I always felt that the story itself could have been really good. It just got messed up in the translating to the novels. What the graphic novel does is take the story's most basic elements and put it in a form that even an ardent hater of The Twilight Saga can enjoy.

Although, the fact that the vampires sparkle in this, and ONLY this, vampire story is just as creepy on the picture page as it is on the television screen. There is no way anyone could ever make that any less creepy than it is.

TNT,
Words by Ali


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment