Sunday, September 14, 2014

In What We Do

Not only has it been a while since I've posted anything on my blog, but it's been just as long that I've had anything to really say.  I've felt that if I don't have anything real to say then I probably should refrain from saying things that don't really mean much.

But here I am, back.  I want what I have to say to mean something.  It doesn't necessarily have to mean anything to you the reader, but for me personally.  Of course I'm not saying I don't want it to mean anything to you, in fact I hope it does.  But I know that not everyone will feel the same way about the same things, because we are all different and unique people.


Last night was the first time I had stayed through the whole message at church in I don't remember how long.  The message was about those who heard Jesus' message and found it too hard to follow.  They heard something they didn't like and left.  Or, they pretended to believe but they didn't really believe.

I found myself listening to the message last night and wondering if I had been one of those who went through the motions, but didn't actually have my heart in it.  I may have been that person, but I don't want to be that person.

I want God to make me a better disciple.  To make me into what He wants me to be.  Do you feel that way too?  Unmotivated and lost?  Well you're not alone, and that doesn't mean God isn't there.  He is, and waiting for us to come back to him.

TNT,
Words by Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment