Thursday, March 18, 2021

Will Cancel Culture Ruin the World?

The world that we live in today has reached a level of madness, when it come to Cancel Culture, that is unrivaled.  We are seeing people, books, music, movies, and beloved cartoons (characters) being cancelled for things that are both trivial and insignificant when placed next to the real issues that are going on in the country and round the world that are being ignored for Cancel Culture's next victim.  

To think that our society, and Cancel Culture, are more offended by children's books and cartoons created in the 50's than the violence, drugs, sex and murder that permeate every aspect of the society that we currently live in is absolutely ridiculous.  We are seeing people being cancelled, and loosing their jobs, for things they said a decade before, or thoughts and opinions being taken out of context.  That's the real problem isn't it?  Context.

How is context a problem?  That's because anything, literally anything, seen out of context can be looked at in a way that is unbecoming, angry, or hateful.  Let me give you an example:

                    - I hate TV.  These days it seems like all television programs are either unoriginal, 
and show the same things, or are boring and not entertaining.  
I mean how may medical or cop shows do we need.  That's not to say
that there aren't well written, fun, funny, and amazing shows out there.  It's
just harder to find them among all of the unimaginative drivel.

Now what if someone only showed...

- I hate TV.  It's unimaginative drivel.

 Now if someone were to quote me as saying only the second option you would think that I don't watch TV, and that I think that I hate everything that's currently on.  That of course couldn't be further from the truth.  There are some truly amazing shows currently on air, or previously on air.  But my thought on TV taken out of the context of my full opinion gives people the wrong impression of my thoughts on the subject.  Really any statement that is an opinion will always have missing context.  That's because there will never be 100% agreement on anything.  And that is a fact.

Well, that's it for this post.  Stay tuned for future posts where I share my thoughts and opinions on things that are going on in the country, or world.  You may not always agree with what I have to say.  Your comments are still welcome, because I don't understand why people these days can't have differing opinions and still have a respectful, honest, and intelligent conversation.  Getting offended just because you disagree is really just silly.

Till Next Time,
Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment