Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Poem

So, I'm taking this Intro to Creative Writing class, and we've been doing some work with poems. So, I thought I would share with you the one I just turned in for class. I actually started it a year and a half ago while I was in the beautiful country of Greece. Recently, for class, I revised a little and add some too it. Here it is, enjoy and I hope you like it. Don't forget to let me know what you all think.

TNT,
Words by Ali



About a Boy

I fall into oblivion
Wondering in a daze
I look to see you standing there
A smile on your face

You hold you hand out to me
And I find it hard to breath
I want to be in your arms
And never slip away

I find myself falling
Falling faster
Faster for you

I never felt so scared inside
Yet elated all at the same time
I want to hear you call my name
And tell me everything is alright

I only want to see you face
Just once outside my dreams
I always seem to find you there
But never when I wake
When I open my eyes your smile and touch slowly fade away

I find myself falling
Falling faster
Faster for you

Do you ever think of me?
Or wish I was there to hold?
I so long to feel your touch
And know you'll never leave

Your voice I hear while I sleep
Soft and gentle to my ears
The the sounds of morning come
So shrill wake me from my dream

No matter what I say or do I seem to be falling
Falling faster in love with you

1 comment: